Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

Kirk's Wedding

Congratulations to Kirk and Brooke on their successfully completed wedding this past weekend. Here are some pictures:

I was told by master biologist Scott Warsen that the trunk of this tree is green because it actually uses it to photosynthesize. They kind of look like they are painted.

The wedding party.

Scott and I rolling out the paper walkway.

I walked Brooke's grandma out of the ceremony. Guess what her name was!

Kate, Sam, and starting to protrude baby.

Our best men speech went well thanks to Scott's strange humor that continues to entertain.

They leave. We blow bubbles.

We made a stop at a national park I didn't know was there. Nice place. Kind of the same thing everywhere, but it was great to stop and see.

Lots of crazy plants.

Kate and cacti.

Katie and I took the top of the cake home for them to put in our freezer. People liked to look at us funny and ask questions. Every time I told them it was wedding cake they thought we just got married.

7 comments:

Sportel Central said...

Congratulations Brooke and Kirk!!!
Wish we could have been there...
So what is Brooke's Grandma's name?

Sam said...

You were asked to guess....

Sportel Central said...

I'm guessing her name was Katie. Is there a prize for the winning guess?

Dad

Sam said...

Sorry, you were wrong. I can give a pen from the hotel to the winner... or a kindly worded email. Their choice.

Debra said...

Grace? Lois? Sam? Brooke? Kate? Adeline? Evelyn? Alena? Debbie?

Sam said...

Marge! I am very used to helping out elderly ladies named Marjorie, so this was a piece of cake.

Mattie said...

someone once told me that sassafras trees also use photosynthesis in their bark... maybe?