Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

So, I need to officially apologize to mom. We came back from a wedding last night and she claimed he had take a couple of steps. I refused to believe her delusional grandparent fantasies. But he has taken multiple steps today multiple times.

So, are we as new parents to consider this walking? Or is this just steps? Katie and I really don't know as this is our first rodeo. Any definitions are appreciated.

And I just need to let the record state that Ben walked at 9 months, but came out of the womb almost a month late. Jack is in his 9th month but was 2 months early.....my son has challenged your title Ben. I welcome your arguments.

Video coming soon.

7 comments:

Reuben said...

Congrats on the accomplishment for Jack. We also struggled with a definition. We went with four for walking because it seemed at least for Alena she was able to "fall" a couple good steps. Either way it's impressive.

Ben said...

I took my first step at 6 months and was walking unassisted by 8 months. I think I was hurdling the intermediate heights by 10 months.
I suppose records are made to be broken and Jack is definitely in the ballpark. If we are measuring walking by gestational age I would have to submit to Jack's impressive feat. Well done sir!

Mattie said...

So much talent! Can't wait to see the video.

Debra said...

I told you! He doesn't walk very well, but I believe he does take steps deliberately. Standing is a challenge ;-). Officially walking or not, as soon as that kid figures out how to move, there is no stopping him :-). For the record, I'm saying that gestationally speaking, Jack is about where Ben was at the same age. ...and I'm sticking to that story....

Sam said...

Was that the college intermediates or high school? I think he just gets sick of needing someone to hold him to walk because they don't always take him where he wants to go.

Sportel Central said...

Have you investigated the cost of invisible fences?

Reuben said...

Can't wait to see him "motate."