Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2008

mild excitement

It seems pretty rare that I do anything that I deem post-worthy, but I decided that regardless of your political stance, this was at least somewhat exciting. Neither my roommate nor I had class or work this moning, so we decided to wake up extra early to stand in line downtown on a chilly october morning to see a piece of history. It was my first political rally and really interesting people watching! And Obama walked on stage to a U2 song, so Anna and I were happy. Here are some pics I took with my little camera (the threat of rain and inability to change views convinced me to keep the good one at home) as well as a couple that a photo/videostaff person from GV who had a press pass took...











5 comments:

Debra said...

Looks like a rock concert. Did you buy the t-shirt?

Reuben said...

Is Obama glowing?
That looks like it was cool Mattie.

Ben said...

Wow, I've never actually seen a picture of his halo before. What filter did you use to catch it?

I hear you guys are no longer a battleground state. That means they will probably be spending more money here now. Thanks for that.

katie said...

We do what we can to bring money to other states. You know, we're Michigan. We're good like that.

Mattie said...

I'm sure he is a great guy and all, but their are very few people whose faces I want to wear, and he isn't one of them. Anna and I did splurge on buttons though. Maybe one of my grandkids can make some money off of it on Antiques Road Show in 50 years!