Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

sitting waiting wishing

Small update. I realized that I have never had to apply more than 1 place to get any job I have gotten until now. I've been applying all over the place, with most giving me the response "We aren't currently hiring, but we keep applications on file..." blah blah blah. Its a sad day when your hopes of working at a retail store seem unlikely. I've also been spending lots of time on various websites and search engines to no avail... until today! Today I received a voicemail from an application for a part time bank teller position that I am calling back tomorrow and hopefully interviewing for, and also an email to interview Thursday morning as a Portrait Consultant for Andrae Michaels National Portrait Company. A little classier looking than Sears or something, but I still didn't want to be a photographer for them. At least I am being considered.

Other than that, just enjoying the view when weather permits. I took Spencer for his first adventure in Garden of the Gods. The impending bad weather scared away some of the Sunday afternoon crowds, but still felt touristy.


2 comments:

Debra said...

Hey Honey,
Really cool shots of the park.
Glad to see you are getting some bites as far as work. Keep an open mind and meet lots of people. FYI a portrait consultant is probably a sales position. Not your forte' but might give you some good experience for the future?

Reuben said...

Cool storm. That place looks scarier and more like a place of the "gods" with all the mean clouds.

Good luck in the job hunt and have patience. You'll get something.

Jack Johnson