Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

It was Evie's first birthday a week ago and she is getting big quickly. She has about 10 words now and she took her first step today. It's only been a year now, but it seems so long ago that we only had two children. Our family was definitely not complete before Evelyn arrived.









Avery had his first day of preschool this week. Here are some pictures of him on the school steps and in front of our house with his new backpack.

The Kids at the museum.



It has been an unusually cold summer here in CO. Above are pictures from Ashley's 14er summit a couple weeks ago. This marks the first time either of us has seen snow falling in August since we've lived here. I think you all know where I am going with this, so in the interest of fairness I am also posting a picture of a sad polar bear as a counterpoint.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Great pics! Avery is so cute with his backpack- wow, he's so big! And Evie of course is adorable with the cake all over her face!

Sportel Central said...

That's a large quantity of very significant pictures for one post. I love the second mountain picture. It goes without saying that all the kids pictures are great.

I think I saw the polar bear in Lake Michigan on Sunday. He floated down from Hudson Bay.

Dad

Sam said...

Point- You were on the top of a mountain, so the air isn't going to be that warm.
Counter point- Polar bears are mean to seals, which have done no harm to anyone....ever!

Reuben said...

Great pics. I agree that the mountain scape with the clouds is very impressive. I may steal it for a background.

It was 14,000 feet. Snow stays there all summer. But, there has been cold weather all summer. Default answer is that although we have had cold weather it is global climate change, not anecdotal weather anomalies. My big words mean I am right.

seriously it has been cold. maybe an ice age. who knows anymore.

I'm sure Avery will be able to get the education he needs to solve all our problems. He is will equipped. That school looks old and cool too.

Ben said...

I think the school building is Conifer's original schoolhouse. It's not that old though. Mom and Dad's house is much older.

Reuben said...

Hey Ben or Ashley, what mountain was that?
Ashley, I was told you are friends with Sue Jonker. Her husband is our computer guy. She recognized me on your facebook. Neat.