Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Colorado

Update from Colorado, in a backwards order because I don't like how this blog uploads photos...

I house/puppy-sat for the Ridderhoffs while they were in Missouri. I no longer wish I had a puppy... :) Cocker Spaniels are known for peeing when excited, and Skye is very excitable. I did, however, get to use her as a model to expand my portfolio, though in most of these she looks far calmer than she was. Here are a few I took:





I also experienced a solid Colorado storm: a sudden rain, echoing thunder, LARGE hail, followed by sunshine and a massive rainbow. Biggest hail I have ever experienced.

Skye was eating them


A few weeks ago my friend Lish from Chicago flew in for a day just to do something mountainy and catch up. She got in around 11 at night, and we tried waking up early the next morning to see how far we could get up the backside of Pikes Peak. The alarm didn't go off, so we started later than we had hoped, but it was still a good hike.


Behind her is Devil's Playground named for how the lightning jumps between the rocks. Sounds inviting.

The backside of Pike
Panoramic... I'll show a bigger version sometime. The basin was amazing, I always have the urge to get a frisbee and just toss it as far as I can in those situations.
We got right up to where the trail crosses Pikes Peak Highway, but decided it was best to turn back since it was around 10:30 and storms were already rolling in. We only got sprinkled on on the way down, but there is a video on facebook showing the downpour of hail and thunder we just missed as we drove away.

Spencer had a "Ulty" tournament in Breck the weekend after we were there.
Here is what it looks like on my drive in from the south.

There were a few fields by a rec center on the north end of town. Still great views. I didn't take too many good ones because I volunteered to keep score, and my batteries died.


Still working at J.C. Penney, and finally getting some more hours this week afer a couple horribly slow ones. Working on using my connections with someone who works at Compassion International to get a entry level job there. I also am getting to take some photos for the church, I don't get paid, but will definitely get some recognition which is also good. Still getting some yard work done, slowly but surely, and the push mower is working great now that the yard doesn't look like a field! I keep finding areas that used to be small gardens, and hope to have them cleared out before winter comes, and possibly even before Labor Day since our house is throwing a BBQ/house warming for friends. The house-drama has died down a lot, and I enjoy being in the house much more! other than that, my computer has been showing signs of dying, so I need to make sure I back things up soon! It'll be good. That's all for now.

4 comments:

Kirk said...

if you stand right in front of that dog..........can he see you

Ben said...

Song by 19 Wheels.

Glad to see you are enjoying the weather!

Nice puppy pictures.

Sam said...

I think that hail is fantastic. Just think how many times that had to go up and down inside the cloud. ON a side note, that one picture really does make the dog look cross-eyed. And that guy looks pretty up close and personal with your boyfriend. You should do something about that...

Rachel said...

Thanks for the update Mattie!