Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Tale of Two Cells

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. Katie had great season of training for the 25k and did well. But then Katie couldn't stop throwing up. This picture should help illustrate why:














Yes, that is what you think it is: a very small baby! I like to call it our growing bundle of cells that will someday bear the resemblance of Katie and myself. I think Kate said the heart was beating at 124 beats/min. The official due date is January 6 which means it could land on either of the major holidays in January: New Years Day or Uncle Steve's Birthday.
Katie is starting to feel better finally. She spent all last week on the couch and has lost ten pounds since she ran the riverbank run. Now the doctor has her on some anti-nausea stuff that has allowed her to eat something real for the first time in a long time. You know something is wrong when Katie is too tired to clean or even run.
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers for us. We are excited and feel very blessed!

14 comments:

Sportel Central said...

... And then there is the minor Holiday: Uncle Randy's Birthday.
Congratulations!!

Sportel Central said...

124 beats/minute ... very boyish!

Sportel Central said...

To quote Bill Cosby, Congratulations it's a lizard.

Dad

Mattie said...

Hooray! Excitement everywhere in this family. So glad to hear you are feeling better, Kate!

Sam said...

Yes dad, I think I will need to be listening to that soon as it will be much funnier now that I am now a 10 year old.

Reuben said...

Not even an honorable mention holiday. bummer.

Congrats, I'm sure the new bundle of cells will bring you lots of joy. Glad to here Katie is feeling better.

Reuben said...

Not even an honorable mention holiday. bummer.

Congrats, I'm sure the new bundle of cells will bring you lots of joy. Glad to here Katie is feeling better.

Rachel said...

Yeah come on, what about the holiday of Uncle Reuben's birthday? Who cares about the baby's great uncles. :) So excited for you guys!

Sam said...

This wasn't meant to be an insult. This is based off of the joke that Uncle Steve marks his birthday in red when he makes his calendars because he calls it an official holiday. Sorry, but Jan 11 hasn't ever been red on my calendar :)

Debra said...

This baby will have his own Birthday

Ben said...

$10 says it's a boy.
Any takers?

Reuben said...

Sorry, I'm with you. The heart rate thing worked for Alena. If it holds true, it looks like this is gonna be a boy.

Mattie said...

I am all for sifting through non-pink baby clothes. And mom seems to be a psychic when it comes to this baby stuff, I'm not betting against her.

Sam said...

I'll take the bet. 10$ to me if it is a girl. 10 to you if its a boy.