Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Paying the rent


Hey all- This is how I pay the rent: scrape over 4 large trash bags of pine needles off of the roof. If you look closely, I tried to create a scraper long enough so that I didn't have to get on the roof. I duct-taped a mop to a rake, but even standing on the top of the ladder I couldn't reach all of the needles. Kate trimmed the flowers and bushes so that they will be there again next year. She also held the 80 year old ladder and raked up all four bags of needles and clippings. Also, looking at our apartment from the outside makes it look really small. The three windows you see are the entire side of the apartment. The window on the far right is the porch, but the other three are the kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom from the left to right. It really is bigger than it seems.

The second bit of the post is a poll: What kind of soup do you want in two weeks? I believe we are doing the moving meal, or ravenously roaming, on the 18th. Mattie has appetizers, we have soups and salads, R and R have a main dish, and the parental unit has dessert... which reminds me that someone lost the NCAA family bracket but never made good on the pie. So, without further ado, here are the choices

1. Cheese broccoli
2. Chili
3. Chicken Noodle

Kate is finishing up her last week of teaching 5th grade...and those kids are really gonna miss her when she leaves. But before she leaves for good, she has to go to camp with them. 3 days and 2 nights of pure 5th grade awesomeness

Sam and kate

4 comments:

Ben said...

cheese broccoli.

We had some great tomato bisque out here last night. I'll see if the hotel will give me the recipe.

Nice ingenuity with the needle scraper. Are you sure you didn't miss your calling as a roofer?

Sportel Central said...

Nice to see you earning your rent, Sam.
Cheese Broccoli...
Rhubarb cake coming up, if Dad can find rhubarb

Ashley said...

This is Ashley - Sam, I've got a really good (and relatively easy and healthful) recipe for cheese broccoli soup that I'll email to you, even if you want to use it later. Also, started thinking about meals for post-Christmas Sportel gathering in CO and thought it would be fun for everyone to prepare a tapas for dinner one night - so start thinking of what you want to make!

Reuben said...

Oh crap, My vote is for not Cheese brocolli. I really am not a fan, even if it is "good" cheese brocolli. I have eaten more broccolli than I used to in the good ole days of "make your own night," so I could probably handle it. So my vote is chilli, but I am officially adult enough to eat cheese broccoli if I am out-voted.

I think Dad needs to make at least of the desert.