Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

east from west



Here are some photos! I am really bad at putting them in here, and I have no idea why it is so hard for me... but here are some from what I have been up to. nothing fancy yet.

First is for the science nerds in the family, one of the many geods I found in a river on camp. No purple ones out here, but pretty exciting to me anyhow.

I spent yesterday at the lake where the kids go for water sports, Lake Monroe (reservoir). It's probably still around 10ft high at least. There used to be a beach area by those trees, and the beginning of the dock is underwater, they had to add more. But is was a beautiful relaxing day of work, no less!

Then it is our caving adventure... very wet, relatively muddy, and I desperately need new batteries in my headlamp. Apparently there are a few different places within an hour of us that have caves.

Then there are some from our leadership murder mystery thing... fake drinks and fake gambling, good times!

Then some photos of the results of flooding, all within 10 minutes of us. Crazy!

but that is most of life for now... I haven't been shooting a ton because of other work, but I am getting on top of it now, so hopefully soon I can start more!














4 comments:

Sam said...

Thanks for the update squirt. The song title could be by casting crowns, but then it would be east to west....so I don't know. I really like the second shot of you in the caves with the dirt all over your face. That makes you look like a real adventurer. Keep up the good picture taking at camp. Oh, and I hope you remember my birthday in August....and I like geodes found in rivers by my sister. Hope you continue to keep dry!

Debra said...

The dress on that other girl looks familiar ;)
You have my admiration crawling around in those caves. Not my favorite thing to do.
Keep dry!

Reuben said...

Denison Witmer! Good song title choice.
Thanks for feeding my apetite for nerdness on summer vacation. Are you bringing any rocks of science home?
That cave looks like it is realy cool. You are quite the spulunker. Thanks for the update sis.

Reuben said...

Denison Witmer! Good song title choice.
Thanks for feeding my apetite for nerdness on summer vacation. Are you bringing any rocks of science home?
That cave looks like it is realy cool. You are quite the spulunker. Thanks for the update sis.