Pages

Monday, June 9, 2008

A Man and a Woman

Hey all-
Hope everyone is having a great start to the work week. Just wanted to let you know how the trip went. If it wasn't the for the fact that this is our first anniversary, I would not be able to call it my favorite. I guess it could've been much worse, but it wasn't really fun as it was. So, we headed out to Chicago and stayed with someone outside of Valparaiso. Then we went into the city on Saturday and got to hear a bit of the blues festival and met up with one of Katie's old friends on the north end of the city. Then Katie started to feel sick. Then she felt even worse. So, we started the journey home and stopped to get gas and some food, which I was in much need of. Then, in the bathroom of Wendy's, Katie threw up on the floor..... a couple of times. Then I had to go tell the people at the counter that someone threw up in the girls bathroom which seemed to cause some confusion. The lady turns around to someone a says, "get the goggles and the gloves." So, we left. Then Katie threw up some more in the car and filled up a lunch box. So, we threw it outside the car at a toll booth for her to fill it up again. We got home, and Katie threw up some more......and more. The next day, she was asleep for about 18 hours, and the 6 hours she was awake, she couldn't stand up for more than a minute without wanting to vomit again. So, needless to say, our first anniversary didn't turn out as planned. Let us know if you have any great anniversary stories of your own. Mom and Dad can't say the year I was born.......cause that day was awesome.

Sam and Kate

4 comments:

Reuben said...

U2.

rough vacay. Is Katie stayin home today (Mon.)? I'm sure you will have many more anniversary's and I doubt any of them will have as much vomit. Katie may have puked as much in that weekend as Ben and Ashley did on there whole honeymoon.

Sam said...

Oh yeah, I forgot about that whole sun poisoning thing! Point to them...

Sportel Central said...

I'm sure glad you didn't post any pictures from your trip!! I have quite a number of anniversary stories but I don't think you want to hear the details.

Prime

Ben said...

We had sun poisoning and diarreah, which I can never spell. I would take that over puking though. I hope Katie is feeling better.