Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Things that have happened in the past few weeks:

Rescued children stuck under a bridge due to a "capsized" canoe
Learned how and frequently have driven a tractor transporting staff around camp
Drove something larger than my Mazda off camp on narrow winding roads in the pouring rain (dodge ram truck... it was scary for me)
Killed over 15 spiders in my closet-office. some the size of my face
Learned how to edit videos using professional software
Greatly improved my Chaco tan-lines
Found a beetle the size of my thumb with pinchers the same length
Played a mean game of plunger-ball resulting in some form of grassy rash
Remained un-allergic to poison ivy
Was married to the mob boss's accountant in a shady Murder Mystery game
Learned how to play Texas Hold-em
Re-certified in CPR
Downloaded and implemented a new system for badge-making, and fixed the printer

It's been pretty eventful
I have no idea what storms mom was worried about... we got a ton of rain on Tuesday but haven't seen rain since. And calvin is ok too

Photos to come!

2 comments:

Sportel Central said...

Wow, Mattie. Tractors, trucks, Texas hold-um. Sounds like they're making a hick out of you! Did I ever tell you the story about when Grandpa made me (at age 16) drive the tractor while he spread MANURE... right next to the road! Sooo humiliating ;-) I digress...
With all the off-road experience you'll be ready for Colorado.
For the record, I wasn't worried about the storms. Just saw that there was a "terrible" storm near Indy and wondered if it caused any excitement by you. Apparently not.
Prime Wife

Sam said...

So you've been killing tarantulas? I didn't know they had those down there. Was the tractor and automatic?