Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Catching you all up

Well, I am almost done..... I just spent the last few days in a fury of typing/writing, and with Katie's help, it got mostly finished. It wasn't my best work, but sometimes, it just doesn't happen. I have a 90 minute oral exam on wednesday afternoon. It is really just an exit interview, but we are getting taped, evaluated, and graded. This thing is 20% of the final grade, so I can't just walk in unprepared....oh well. Guess who else has an interview? Katie! Wednesday at 9:30am. While I am on the topic, Katie ran the 25K last Saturday, and she did quite well. Her time was about 2:05. (hours not minutes for those of you who don't know or are just concerned she has taken performance enhancing drugs) Here are a couple pictures for those of you who weren't there. Those that were there can just skip down to the picture of Mattie looking angry. -3 out

11 comments:

Sportel Central said...

Notice how many guys Katie is passing!!! ;-)

Ben said...

Wow. I didn't know Katie did Old Kent this year. That's a pretty impressive time too. I dare say she will be the family's fastest 1/2 marathoner.

Sportel Central said...

Sam, in response to not submitting your best work I will pass on one of my favorite movie lines. Chief Dan George in Little Big Man stated that "sometimes the magic it does not work". Hopefully the magic works on Wednesday.

I was present at Katie's initial 25K and she did real well. In fact, she ran negative splits. For non distance runners that means she ran a faster second half of the race than the first.

Just to set the record straight within the family, I ran a 1.51.30 in my 25K past(very distant past). I'm starting a campaign to make this a all family event next year.

Dad

Ben said...

If I am running in this thing next year I will probably not win the family challenge. But, I may come accross the line with the best MPMPP(minutes per mile per pound). This is similar in principle to my academic performance metric: GPAPM (GPA per Minute).

Good luck tommmorow Sam.

-Ben

PPWM said...

Have a good interview tomorrow Katie. I know you'll do well. I'll just pray that they notice.

Mattie said...

Dad and I decided I don't look angry in that picture... look closer. I don't have any recollection of it even being taken. Be done with school soon, so I don't feel like I am intruding or distracting you when I'm upstairs

Ben said...

Katie has an interview? I should read these things more closely. Good luck Katie!

Ben said...

Is Little Big Man worth a rent at the movie store?

Sportel Central said...

Little Big Man is worth a rent.

Sportel Central said...

Mattie is correct. She doesn't look angry, more reflective actually.

Training runs for the River Bank start at Christmas. The schedule will be posted in October. Exceptions will be made for those not living in Michigan or under the age of 14(minimum age requiremt=ent that posted by the River Bank brass)

Dad

Sam said...

Well the interviews today went well for both Sam and me. Mine was at Grand Haven for a 3rd or 4th grade job and Sam's exist interview went really well with his Professor. I will find out within a week about another interview or not. So on we go, interviews complete and wedding quickly approaching!