Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Long and Winding Road

This first image speaks of the way I felt this morning. Locked out! I was supposed to go on that special tour for photography with the Navajo guide. I was there where he told me to be...early!...and no one was there. Our wires got crossed somehow. Wasn't meant to be. Saved us some money;-) So we decided to visit Mesa Verde again instead.
Had a great day in spite of the rocky start....





Our theme for the day was road shots. They are best when taken from the center of the road. My job was to get the shot while Dad kept watch for traffic.


.... But he wasn't always paying as close attention to cars as he should have been. ;-)





Hey kids remember this? If you look closely you will see the ladder you had to climb to get to Balcony House 13 years ago. This is the view from across the way. Balcony House was closed this time. The only one we could visit was Cliff Palace which was fine because we didn't go thru that one last time.




... and another first. Our first Tarantula in the wild!! People said he was just a baby, but he was big enough for us...

2 comments:

Steve said...

Nice non-people photos Deb. Are you sure there's a Jack Rabbit in that shot? It looks like you've been hitting a lot of places I'm going to miss. We'll have to compare notes when we get home. That will be next week for me. How time flies.

Steve

Ben said...

I was waiting to give someone else a chance, but Long and Winding Road is a Beatles Song. I don't know if it is appropriate, though; those roads aren't very windie.