Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2008

New York

Hello everyone! Here are some pictures from the last week and a half that Katie and I have been out being busy. We helped Anne and Keith move to Detroit to their new apartment. The picture above is after 5 hours of cleaning and putting things away. Gabe is enjoying the boxes. The picture below is Kate with Steph who is taking graduate classes at Yale Divinity School. Yale is a big, beautiful, and very old school.
Here is our delicious pizza topped with mashed potatoes and bacon on one side and pepperoni and olives on the other. If you don't think mashed potatoes on pizza is good, you haven't tried it yet.
Here is Katie shaking hands with a rich person. You might recognize her from such tv shows as Who wants to be a Millionaire? and The Today Show. If you watched the Today show last Wednesday, you might have seen me jumping up and down waving my arms like an idiot in the background. There really aren't that many people standing around watching, they just use cameras to make you THINK there are more people. Cameras = magic.
Here I am scaring away dead predators with tiny arms. It threatened me, so I responded in kind. This beast was in the Museum of Natural History which we visited while in New York.
Central Park is enormous. Really enormous. Look it up if you don't believe me.
Here we are on the top of a very tall building taking pictures of ourselves with other very tall buildings.
Here is the southside of the island where the business sector lies. The twin towers would be in the photo.
We also went to see the statue of Mrs. Jolly Green Giant. It is crazy to think this whole statue is made up of copper sheets. It is really cool to see up close.
Thursday was finally warm and the sun came out.
Then we came home and tried to get back into our usual routines.

6 comments:

Ben said...

U2. ATYCLB

You went to New York? I'm confused. Did you move the in-laws and then keep going? How come I had never heard of this before?
Looks like it was fun, even if I hadn't heard about it yet.

Also, thanks to Rachel and Sam for posting. I hate being the only one.

Reuben said...

posting is boring. It is way more fun to comment on people's thoughts and pick on them.

Sam said...

I never have any impressive feats of strength or any cute pictures of young children to post about.

Ben said...

You don't need kids or big muscles to post. For the record Sam, I enjoyed the NYC pictures.

Sam said...

Well, next time I go to New York, I will post again. Frankly, Katie and I just don't do a lot of postworthy things.

Sportel Central said...

Hey Sam and Kate, Love the pics! Looks like you had a cool trip. Too bad you couldn't call your mother and tell her you were on TV. No matter that I was watching that day and would have loved to have been able to say "there they are!" ;-)
How did you get around NYC? Did you drive? Was it really crowded and difficult to get around?