Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Painting

How's this for an exciting post?
This past week I painted the kitchen. The first pic is the basecoat. Had to leave that on for a couple of days and it literally made me nervous. Everyone had a nice healthy pink glow. The worst part is that we had a bunch of college-age artists passing through to use the bathroom (long story) and I wanted to tell everyone that this was NOT my final color.;-)

Anyway, this is how it turned out. Kind of a terra cotta color.
I think it might look pink on your screen...its orange-ish....Exciting huh!?
Looks great with the mirror I got for Christmas by-the-way.

5 comments:

Sam said...

Blindside wrote the song Painting. I bet mom didn't intend on that, but it happened. how much of the house is changing? Did you re-paint the ceiling? I am excited to see the crazy new colors. It doesn't quite do it justice on a computer screen, but thanks for trying.

Debra said...

Ceiling is next. Then a few more rooms will change as time permits.

Rachel said...

I'm excited to see it in person!

Ben said...

The paint looks nice, but I hate any changes to my childhood home. It's depressing to me to see that life moves on without me there.
I think you should put up some nice red wallpaper with flowers. And put some of those platic corner-protector things up.

Ben said...

i'm glad to hear the mirror worked out, by the way.