Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Why waste more time?

I decided I have something post-worthy:

The youngest child is technically now a senior in college! (insert scary background music)

My final class of the semester is finished. Most of my classes have been giving me better grades than I anticipated, which is a nice surprise. My group project/campaign for advertising class beat our competing group, and I was complimented on our print ads (which I put together and were my idea). My computer photo final project received and A, and it came off effectively (thanks for the input, mom!) And when I went to pick up my portfolio for 4x5 the professor said "Ann (another prof) and I were just discussing how great a student you are, and how you were one of the few to receive an A in this class." Apparently the last project I did was pretty good, when I hung them up last week he swore at me, because they were "so good." Public school makes me laugh. I am learning more than I realize I guess. Let me know if you want me to post any of them!

Now that school is done it's lots of hours of work, making some money, prepping for summer, and then my second home in the south!

ps, if you don't have the title song, or anything from the artist, you should.

7 comments:

Sportel Central said...

Rosie Thomas

Thanks for the update Mattie. It's great to hear the positive's about our children. Of course your just another in the lineage that follows the Praire Home Companion statement: where all the women are strong, the men are handsome, and the children are above average.

Dad

Sam said...

Mattie, it is soooo easy for you to post pictures for goodness sakes. That's like mom telling us she did great at competition and then not showing us the picture....so post your pictures. We want to see your education at work. Did anybody else hear scary music from Monty Python and the Holy Grail? I heard more of a sound effect really. It was the sound effect that was made while the evil bunny attacked it's first victim. Maybe that's just me....

Debra said...

I heard a chord on an organ, like those old radio plays...
Of course we want to see your photos!
I already saw a few and I too was impressed. I did not get to see any final 4x5 work, so that would be my request. You should get some of the professor comments in writing for future resume' building ;-)

I think all my children and children-in-law are waaay above average.

Ben said...

I heard the imperial
march from Star Wars.
I'm glad to hear you are good at something, Mattie. You should have at least one thing that you are better at than your brothers. Maybe now you can put some effort into practicing that shouting board game that Reuben and I crush you in.
On a sappy note, I am very proud of my little sister.

Reuben said...

Awesome work sister! I knew you were great. You definitely need to put some of your excellence on the blog. I need to see it.
As far as the scary sound, it was keller and Keller law commercials. "who's representing them"
"Keller and Keller"
dong!! (chord sound)
"you have a lot to learn."

Sportel Central said...

Based on the entertaining responses that show up on these blogs, I think we need to brainstorm on some ideas for a TV sitcom. This is more entertaining than most anything that's on (non-cable)television.

Dad

Sam said...

Well, there isn't really that much great stuff on cable tv either. Mattie, why isn't there any pictures up yet? We all want to see them, so if you could post them up for us, that would be great.