Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2007

THE slideshow


To all who read this-

Katie and I are beginning to gather pictures for our wedding slideshow thing. If you have some pics on your computer that involve Katie or Sam or even both of us at the same time, then please send me a copy of the picture. (see example of applicable photograph to the left) There are 50 days left! Time is beginning to move at a very brisk pace in our lives. Pretty soon Katie will have graduated and we will be gathering up the family to MI. Also, we need to pick out a couple beer varieties for the wedding. Any suggestions would be appreciated or Dad will just get his usual.

P.S. Hope men beat Calvin in Track and Field..... Ben you can't brag since you didn't help them.

5 comments:

Sportel Central said...

What Sam is referring to is my favorite - Tequiza. For some reason, I appear to be the only indivdual in the family that finds it appealing. I will let the decision on beer selection to the experts. If they have Leavenworth, I vote for that. Prime

Ben said...

I think Tequiza is too ethnic for a wedding. My wedding had a couple of safe bets in Killian's and Heinekin. It was a good deal b/c it was all in bottles and whatever was left over could be returned w/o charge. I went to a wedding last summer that had a keg of Oberon and everyone was raving about the hosts. Microbrews are always a winner. Seeing as how this is a Calvin wedding there may need to be some crappy beer there as well, ie. PBR, Milwakee's Best.
Sam, I built that program at Hope. All present and future success is a direct result of my tenure there. Go Dutch!

Sam said...

Dad, I actually like Tequiza. I just don't think it is a good wedding beer.

Reuben said...

Beer sounds good. Calvin people don't like crappy beer. Microbrews are good, but a something domestic would be good for those who don't have as great taste as the sportel family. Or we could get what we want and tell everyone else to buy there own beer if they don;t like it.

Is there some list of choices?

Kelli "Sporty Spice" said...

Since we are discussing beers, I just wanted to let you all know that Jon (Kari's Jon) likes Guinness. I was a little concerned last summer when he informed me that he doesn't like beer at all, so I was determined to find some kind of beer he would drink. Alas, when he and Kari were here over their Spring Break it was St. Patty's day and I convinced him to have an irish car bomb with me (Guinness and Baileys). He loved it. By the time my family was gone, so was my Guinness. But I have a feeling that Dad played a part in that as well. Jon was the only one, however, who volunteered to replenish my stock.