Pages

Monday, September 10, 2007

alive!

I am posting!

Ben: This is my apology for living and going to college near home. Sorry my life isn't that exciting, and that I catch up with my family when I see them at Sunday dinner. Sorry that you abandoned me and now require extra work to keep in touch with. Sorry I am trying to pay the bills and do well in school and have somewhat of a social life. I will be trying my hardest to improve on all of the above.... but seriously, sorry I haven't called you back. The cheapest flight that I could find to Las Vegas was close to $300, and I can't toss that kind of money around right now. I will be sure to keep CO in mind for SB, however!

In other news, my living situation is far better than most of my past college career, and considerably cheaper.

the picture on the left is from the entryway. it is now a little more lived in with books on the shelves and some art on the walls. And the picture on the right is from our bedroom hallway. You can see the entryway is through the kitchen and the table is to the right. That's a taste of the amazingness, though our view from the deck is not quite as grand as the Colorado household.

I'm still working at the shoe store and it is still great. I get a free pair of shoes since our store met its goals the last quarter. I only worked 2 days of that quarter. Right now I am looking at a pair of $150 hardcore hiking boots. They are men's, but apparently the women who shop at the store don't need good outdoor stuff. Especially women with size 10 shoes.

I won't, however, be getting paid regularly for hanging out at camp on weekends this fall, we are going to see about winter/spring. This won't prevent me from being there semi-frequently, since I can still get gas paid and I still want to hang out with my close friends, but I am planning on sticking around here more often for random side stuff. Mom, I still agree that working for the paper would not have been worth the chicken scratch on top of 17 credits.

Post in summary: life is good, just a little busy and poor. the end

4 comments:

Ben said...

It looks nice, Mattie. You can complain about being poor, but that is nicer than the place I lived when i was 20/21.
Although I like you apartment, I do not like your excuses. For future reference here is a list of your priorities ranked most to least important:
1. Keep Ben updated
2. School
3. Work
4. Eat/Sleep
5. Keep the rest of the family updated.

Now you know.
I would have responded sooner but I am in Phoenix right now for work. But, notice how I still was able to respond in a reasonable amount of time.

Ben said...

"Alive" is by Pearl Jam on the album "10". Great guitar solo.

Sam said...

Ben, you can't complain about the houses you have lived in. I have been in all of them and they have all been nice. Strong Cottage just wasn't cleaned...

Sportel Central said...

and we don't even want to talk about the condition of his dorm room at Hope.

Prime