Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Camera question

Ok, since this family is full of camera nerds, I was wondering if you could give Kirk some advice. He doesn't have the money to buy the kinds of cameras this family has, but he wants a good one. These are the three he tells me he has been looking at: "nikon d40, the canon xt, and maybe but most unlikely the pentax d100." Any advice you could give would be great. Thanks.

Ben- I beat Metroid last friday. I think the game is too short, but that is the only downside to the game. It looks great, it has some great problem-solving, boss fights are fun, except for one annoying boss, andonce you get the handle of the controls it feels natural. Now I have to wait for the next decent game.....

4 comments:

Sportel Central said...

Nikon and Canon are the industry leaders. Nikon is OK, but at that level, Canon is more advanced. Canon lenses are the best!
Disclaimer:
I have been using Canon since 1980. My two cents....

Mattie said...

its a hard choice...
I used that very Canon this entire summer at and had a few minor internal issues that I think had more to do with the lenses and excessive dust than the camera itself. I really liked the quality of the sensors, however, and a pretty impressive built in flash. This also has a better pixel ration...
Last summer I used a Nikon d70, a big brother to the nikon in question. It too was a pretty good camera. The main issue I had with it was that I didn't like the color balance frequently, and a few other issues that were probably partly due to the fact I am far more familiar with Canon functions.

When it comes down to it, they are both quality cameras, both quality camera makers, but Canon is more about advancing and improving their technology, while Nikon is a bit more "mom and pop". Or so i've been told...

Ben said...

He should try one of those fancy polaroid cameras. I hear that you can develop your own pictures in less than 60 seconds!

Can't wait to play Metroid. It would be great to see Samus' namesake in action again.

Kirk said...

I feel stupid because i didn't even mention Polaroid, sadly i see that Polaroid has simplicity on its side, but I'd need to purchase a scissors and glue stick for editing, and I'm just not sure if i have the funds to make that extra purchase.